Waiting to Paint the Beach Pebbles

 

©DoraSislianThemelis


It's been a month of all kinds of things going on at once and I can't settle down enough to work.

I took a photograph of these pebbles and shards months ago on a visit to Jones Beach here in NY. These sea pieces looked so interesting as they glistened in the morning sunlight. Back at my art space I planned how this might look as an oil painting and started in.

Pandemic work ethic kicked in and I got pretty far, but then other things in life got in my way and this is where I stopped. 

So here I am, still at this oil painting.

Thing is, I like to have things in order so my mind is free to paint. The house is straight, our business is in order, paperwork is done, and then I can enter my dream state. It's possible I don't realize the time spent working or even what day it is. Then, when I'm done there's the brush and palette clean up.

There is some time in the early morning to paint since I'm wide awake way too early. Then I think of the daydreaming phase as I work and how I could lose track and then what?

Now this piece waits.




Comments