Hard Work Pays Off When Paintings Sell

©DoraSislianThemelis, 24x30 oil on stretched canvas, Seashells

The hard work of getting these sea shells to look the way I wanted them to paid off.

IT SOLD! 

The framing came out great. As I had said in a previous post, I left the painting with the gallery and told them to put it in their display window because this baby is going to sell. And yes it did.

The gallery waited a couple weeks for the purchaser to feel comfortable after hanging my work before calling me to say it sold, but I already knew it did. One week in the display and afterwards I didn't see it anymore. That was my tip off.

This oil painting was wonderful to work on and I enjoyed every minute of it. So much so that I may paint another one with these shells, but a different view. 

The size was comfortable, not too small or too big. The price was right, so was the framing. Everything worked well. I paid for the other small works that I needed framed, the framer too his cut, and I got mine. All good.

Next up is to take another oil painting to be framed and let's see what happens with that one. 

Thrilled to sell some work. It's satisfying to know someone loved it as much as I did to buy it and hang in their home.


 

Comments