Finished Something

©Dora Sislian Themelis, oil on stretched canvas, 24x18, Above Patmos

Daydreaming of better days in great weather, away at our favorite Greek island home and unable to actually be there in this virus time. Why not paint Patmos, again? 

Yes, why not?

I had a reference photo for this area of the island with the gorgeous blue sea surrounding the shoreline. With apologies to whomever took the photo, I went ahead and sketched out the scene, then began to block in the shapes with colors.

For some reason I left this work alone to try other scenes in different mediums. 

I think there was some lurking of Mr. Resistance holding me back from this work. I just couldn't move forward, until recently when I decided I needed to confront it.

Sometimes it's best to run headlong into the work. Just get the paint on the palette and go!

"Finish something" had been a mantra a little while ago, and I laughed at myself when I remembered it.

Thankfully I persevered and finished. 

Comments