Finally A Finished Product

The painting was patiently waiting for me to return to the studio to finish it. And now it's done. I added more color and dimension and called it quits. This photo does not do it justice. The background is not as green as it seems here. There's ochre and blue, burnt sienna and umber, but okay. 

More importantly, it is a finished work.

Flower Shadows, 18x24 Watercolor
©2013 Dora Sislian Themelis

What's a little bit more exciting is that I also started and finished another smaller painting on the same day as this was finished. While this was drying, I designed and finished two new necklaces. Let me say that I was on a roll that day. Making the decision to work, having it become a commitment to working, caused productivity. Heady stuff.

Also exciting, on my end anyway, is my new venture. I've been working on a new blog/website platform on Wordpress and it has been a struggle. However, it's a clean, neat look and still needs decorating. Just like new diggs, decorating takes time.

Please drop in over there and visit. I've written a little more about this painting, with a few views of the different sessions it took to get to the finished product. I'm a newbie over there, but I'd love it if you commented and let me know what you think.

Visit the new site here Dora Sislian Themelis Art

Comments