Resistance Mode was Back

So, let's just say I let Mr. Resistance stay a couple of days longer than I would like. Let's just say, he made himself kinda comfortable here and decided he might help a little around here. Let's also just say, I needed someone to kick me.

Resistance mode is not pretty, but this new work might be
It's a nice thing to volunteer for the church, work hard, have a nice time with friends and fellow volunteers. It's quite another to lose all momentum on the creative front just because I wasn't painting for a week.

Being an artist is not easy at all.

Coming out of resistance mode is like climbing out of a deep crevasse, I just don't want to have to cut my arm off to come free. 

In the depth of my blah-dom, my don't-feel-like-painting mood, while the new work sat waiting on my easel/desk, I wasted more time by surfing the internet. Bad.

Yeah, I get on, promote my stuff, spill some thoughts, share others. Blah blah blah. Knowing I'd get a little help from artist friends online I shared that the weather is rainy, there's no motivation, maybe I should read a book, and would someone just kick me. Wouldn't you know it, that's exactly what one artist did. He commented: Here's your kick. I love it!

Funny thing though, it worked. 

Thankfully, the new work was ready to go or it would not be pretty.






Comments

  1. I understand this completely. Having a 9month old doesn't help my ability to say "but I have to do ____(insert anything besides working on art)" haha. I'm glad you are back in the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kae, I know how that is. I pushed myself to make my art when my kids were little, and now I'm fitting it in with my granddaughter here. I must say I'm better at it now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment