Time

Time is fleeting.  We keep wasting it, trying to make it up, see stretches of it, and watch  it just fly by.  We spend most of it just doing nothing.  But if we're the person at home, the one responsible for house and family, the CEO of the household, we've got to figure out how to spend that time very wisely to get things done. 

I stink at it.  I get so sidetracked by the every day stuff, that I miss opportunities of time to be my creative self.  What's up with that?

Somehow I have to schedule in the "me" time.  Time to make my art.  Time to be just me.  I like "just me" too.  I'm very comfortable being alone with my own self. 

Lately, I've been reading The Artist's Way, by Julia Cameron.  Her book is a 12 week course on finding the artist within that's been lost along the way while having a life.  More than a course, it's a recovery for artists who need to find their way in the creative world, again.  It's very interesting for me.  I'm up to week 3.  Cameron suggests making time for an "Artist Date", spending time with the inner artist to do something fun, no third parties invited.  Ok, sounds good, but when do I have this date with myself?

Let it be said right now, I should be at week 5, but as usual, I can't find the time to do the tasks and move on. 

Ok, so I'm trying, right?

Comments