The Latest Work on the Easel

©Dora Sislian Themelis, 10x8 oil on canvas, Patmos Boat

Sorry for the inconvenience, of which I am totally unable to correct over on the Wordpress website.  Please take a look at the other posts until I figure out this blunder.

Oh well..

To stay updated here on Blogger I figured out which painting belonged to this post.

This has to be the third time I've painted this scene. A few years ago I snapped this photo on one of my morning walks while visiting our Greek island home, Patmos. There's just a serenity about this little fishing boat moored at the small harbor all alone. I feel like I can relate!

The first time I painted this scene I used acrylic paints. I'm not fond of acrylics, but it was an experiment. It sold at my solo show, too. Next time I used watercolors and sent the work to the twitter art exhibit. It sold there as well. Nice!

Now here it is in oil paints. How many other times can I paint this scene? I may have another go at it in gouache.

Some famous artists paint certain scenes they like over and over. So I don't feel it's such a weird thing.


Click here to see the new painting on my easel and read my blog post..

Comments