Resistance Means Just Do It

There is no time for painting. There is no time for jewelry designing. There really isn't even time for knitting, but somehow that is the only thing I've taken time out for. Imagine that?

Paintings for the shopping event on Thursday
Resistance is such a hard thing to push aside. It's my number one issue, and the one I was making headway with the past few years.

It's been said that the thing we avoid doing is exactly the thing we must drive into full force. Every book or article I have read on the subject says this and that about that. Artist's block, resistance, distraction, overwhelm, it's all the same: avoidance of the important stuff. Soon as there's a to-do list, you can be sure we will try to get around doing the things listed.

Ok, that's my story, and I'll stick to it for now.

I have been avoiding developing my own website/blog on another platform than this one. Just deciding on a domain name was hard enough, but it's taken me until now to finally make that live with hosting. All the how, where, when, why, what you can think of and I've been there.

So now I've taken the leap of faith and I did it. What next? Developing the site takes time. Eventually I'll be okay with what I have and let it go live.

It's a brave thing to step out of your comfort zone. But if other artists can do it, I should be able to do it too. All that marketing stuff I've been studying will eventually pay off.

Meanwhile, this week I'm participating in another shopping event nearby. I'll bring some paintings, some jewelry, and some hand knit items and not every piece I own either.

After that, maybe I can get back to painting something new. If I can stay away from the computer and the website stuff.

Comments