If Monet Could do it, I Can Too, Sort of

Is it me or is the summer over already? Resistance has a way of leading you down a road, and leaving you there all by yourself to figure things out. He has a way of being cruel like that. 

And now August is near it's end. What do we have to show for it? A tan? A couple of half hearted attempts at attaining the 100 paintings we're supposed to be working on over here? 

Nuts, I say. Rats to that. 

So in the meanwhile, while I try to pull my artist self out of the rabbit hole, I painted this small marigold photo I had in my stash. Yes, I've painted this before much larger, but, whatever, there it is, again.

Small Marigold ©2012 Dora Sislian Themelis
9x12 Watercolor Arches cold press paper
If Monet could paint a scene over and over again, so can I. And I'm sticking to that.

Comments