Painting is Addictive

There is something about painting, for me lately anyway, that makes me want to keep doing it. The more I paint, the more I want to paint. It's addictive, like knitting socks. Yeah, you sock knitters out there know what I'm talking about. Painting is like knitting socks. Is that weird?

Painting. The action of painting draws me in and keeps me there. The house could burn down and I wouldn't be able to stop painting. Well, not really, but you get my idea. 

I finished this last work in the small amount of time I had between dinner and a meeting I had to attend. Maybe I spent twenty five minutes on the last details in that time. Then I was done. That was it. No more working it, or it would be trash, as usual.

Peppers ©2012 Dora Sislian Themelis
9x12 Watercolor, Arches cold press paper

After I uploaded the finished painting, I thought I'd just show you the start that I posted on another day. While I was looking at this photo I began to imagine painting the whole scene, unfinished painting and all the rest. It was such a strange feeling, that pull to paint even my desk and brushes. Weird.


It's not like I haven't done that before. Like the times I draw my own fingers holding my ink pen and sketchbook as I draw while waiting at the allergist's office. It feels as if I'm looking in a mirror and seeing not only my image, but everything around the mirror. Okay, that's enough of that.

The point is, I'm working the process. Those affirmations I look at every day must be summoning the Universe so that It is favorable to my creative thoughts. The thought becomes the thing.

Yeah, that's it.

Comments

  1. hmm..you are a very good painter...keep painting...its divine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your Peppers painting! Can't wait to see whats next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More veggies are on the way! Glad I took so many photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment