Mr. Resistance is Not Welcome

What is it about Mr. Resistance that makes him so irresistible? One small thing can throw an artist off her wonderful motivation and balance, leaving the door wide open for Mr. Resistance to walk right in and make a mess of things. Thanks a lot.

It's not easy being a nice person like me. How do I get trapped into the corner and allow Mr. Resistance to walk all over me? Am I a doormat? Do I look like I have the word "Idiot" tattooed across my forehead?

Um, no, but it happens every now and then that a little thing can derail a nice flow of creative energy, like a late day with too many things on the list to check off. Derail is a nice word. Trample my direction is another way of saying my art making hit the skids.

Okay. I'm over that now. Mr. Resistance is no longer welcome and it's time to get back to work!

Three Peaches ©2012 Dora Sislian Themelis
9x12 Watercolor, Arches cold press paper
Here we have the work that broke through the resistance blockade. Another short time frame, a small window of opportunity taken, and the spell was broken. An after dinner hour to make magic, and I worked hard to get it done. Small and quick.

I cropped another photograph to get the composition I felt comfortable with and I went at it with a quick pencil line, then right to the paint. Again, less than an hour's worth of work and this was finished. It's not easy work either. There was plenty of thought behind this painting. Some how I'm able to think where I want to go and get to it quicker than I have in the past.

Finished projects happen far more often these days.


Comments

  1. and so satisfyingly beautiful.Its like magic when this happens this way.Beautiful this is and sound slike a beautiful experience as well.I know this feeling of which you speak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard making magic happen with roadblocks at every turn!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Dora, me and Mr. Resistance have lots of dates and it get real frustrating, I am always derailed! I am trying to get better I have too much to do, and mow Ms. Spring Cleaning is going to creep in and about a month early. Sigh.....But keep op the great work!
    http://paintingbyeileen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my house Mr. Resistance tries to elope with Ms. Spring Cleaning every chance he can get!

      Delete

Post a Comment