Get to Work

And now to get back in business, I started the next watercolor painting last night after the kitchen was cleaned up. Mind you, I'm juggling too many apples right now and don't know how I even managed to walk downstairs to my studio. Some internal messaging was happening. Maybe it's all the art business classes I've been taking? The bad girl inside my head is being knocked down by good intentions I guess.

Keep working!
The to-do list, or task list as we've been instructed to call it, had quite a few things on it for yesterday, but I was able to mark each one off and move on. I purchased the tube of paint I wanted and now I can continue. 

There's no way you can mix colors without the primaries. Nope. I needed a yellow, and I couldn't remember what my paint was called. Permanent Yellow Light? No. I ended up with a Cadmium Yellow Lemon. 

Okay, I know cadmiums are toxic. I will not be eating the paint.

Also, not thrilled with the latest brushes I purchased. I keep turning back to my old sable Windsor & Newton brushes. When I wet the large Issabey brush and paint with it, it gets mushy. There's no spring to it. That was a pricey brush even on sale. You can't try a brush in the store to know how it will respond. So, stuck with it.

Enough drama for today. Time to get to work.



Comments

  1. can't wait to see this finished, sometimes we do our best work when we are busy with many things, whats that saying, if you want something done give it to a busy woman, something like that.I have lost my mojo the last couple of days, my spark has gobne out, hasn't happened for a while but hopefully it will ignite tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, I've fought with resistance so long, this new motivation is weird to me. Couple of years ago I read the Artist's Way course and other books on creativity, and now online art business classes and it's helped a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment