Finished Product Day

Ta-da! Finished product! The latest watercolor painting is done. I am shocked at how quickly I was able to finish this large work. It has to be a record for me. Maybe I've figured out how to make the process work for me.

Yellow Tomato ©2012 Dora Sislian Themelis
15x20 Watercolor on Canson paper
The trick is to start the next one right away. If I could get away from all the other things that need my attention I could sketch out the next work and get to it at a free moment. When will that happen?

Fortunately, I am prepared. If I hadn't taken these photos I'd be looking for something to paint. Really, I never thought I'd paint from these photos at the time. I just liked how the colors and shapes looked, enough to take pictures of everything.

Too bad I'm not doing the CSA share this year. It was pricey, I didn't always like the produce I received, and it was too out of my way to pick up my share. The sunflowers I got were the spark, though. Amazing sunflowers! And now, the produce. Who knew produce could look so beautiful?

So, I have a plan! Farmer's Market photos! Buy sunflowers! Arrange and photograph, or paint live. Keeping the momentum high will keep Mr. Resistance at bay.

At least that's the plan.

Comments

  1. this is just beautiful a vibrancy not alwys present with watercolor , I really like this. I think its agreat idea to use the farmers market produce as your subject, it will be colorful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment