Friday, February 24, 2012

Painting Photos for Friday

Here I am again with photos of paintings for Friday. Somehow my idea of a fun pic for the end of the week ended up being a finished watercolor painting, but, hey, that's okay. I'm enjoying myself in the studio at least. To me it's a fun photo.

Blueberries ©2012 Dora Sislian Themelis
15x20 Watercolor, Canson cold press paper
The latest work is finished. Done. I am done with IT. That might be the last time I paint a million little blueberries under tiny leaves of lavender. The last time. Remember I said that.


Let's look over the process. First I sketched in the basic shapes. Then I dropped some color in areas.


Next painting session lead to more color and definition of forms. Little by little it started to look like something. 


With more color I started adding shadows to further develop the composition. Having fun here too.

The 100 Paintings Challenge has begun.

9 comments:

  1. I have really enjoyed seeing your progress with this painting, and oh you have been patient with those berries!..lol. Great painting Dora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Kat, you'll have to get some!

      Delete
    2. Wait a minute, are there no blueberries in Greece? Maybe just those big blackberries?

      Delete
  3. Wow, you finished this fast! And it looks so good I want to grab up that lavender and carry it home! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,Dora,
    Nice work! Happy for you. You're having a great fun!!
    Cheers,Sadami

    ReplyDelete