One Down, the Next is Coming up!


Bountiful ©2012 Dora Sislian Themelis
15x20 Watercolor, Canson 140lb cold press paper
This painting is finished. I may have to take another photograph as I think it could look a little better. The light seems to have washed out some color on the left side. I'll try it again another day. Right now I am thrilled it's done.

Moving along now onto the next work. Something is clicking and keeping me in it. Who knows what tomorrow will be like. For right now I have plans. I have ideas. I have supplies. I have references for work. I think I can feel a series coming on. And it feels really good.

The Blast Off class is over, but the learning continues on. This week I will be working in another class with Alyson B. Stanfield called Cultivate Collectors. I like the word "cultivate." It reminds me of things that are growing.

Things are growing alright.


Comments

  1. Deliciously beautiful! I love the vibrant colors and the placement of the fruit, everything! That peach on top makes me want to just eat it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dora...just found your blog through PatElliott's painting blog. Lovely work...your colors are beautiful and very clean...looking forward to following you and your paintings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mollie, thanks for dropping by and commenting! Isn't Pat a doll? Looking forward to having you here and exchanging ideas!

      Delete

Post a Comment