Coming Down After Blasting Off


The Blast Off class is finished today, but not the work. The work continues. And if there is any success at all it's because I worked the work. Yeah, working the work is where it all works.

There's something to be said for having a coach, discussing the possibilities, and getting guidance. Making my time really count was something I never really thought about. Having a schedule of the day, the week, and the year makes sense.

In the days ahead I want to revisit all the lessons and chose the ones that I need to take more from. I still have work to do.

I was tolerating an uncomfortable studio space and tweaked it until it felt cozier, but I still didn't enjoy painting there. The dining room table was much nicer, until I realized I liked it because it was at a different height than my art table. Bingo! I changed the height and it's nicer. Next up is that stupid overhead light that keeps going out. It must get fixed next week. I get glare from the table lamp on my watercolors when I paint.

Affirmations are up on the wall where I can see them. The vision board isn't ready yet. However, I have a plan. A working plan.

As a result of all this class work, the next painting is taking shape. The daily schedule will work.

It's a must. "If it is to be, it is up to me."

Comments