Found: Some Time to Paint

Winter Nest ©2011 Dora Sislian Themelis
10x14 Watercolor on Arches paper
With not much time to give to painting, I stole about 45 minutes from a busy day to paint this still life again. It's already out and available so it was a no brainer to just go to it. Yes, this one took a little longer to complete.

The method of painting quickly that I've managed to work out is keeping me in the game. The least amount of water possible doesn't saturate the paper allowing me to move on to another area of the work while the just painted area dries. Once dried I go back and add details. The pace moves fairly quickly.

Christmas is fast approaching and there are things that must get done. Painting is one of the things that just may not happen again for a little while. So the fact that I was able to squeeze it in is a big deal.


Comments

  1. and a gorgeous festive painting it feels, too :) xx

    A very merry Christmas to you and yours, Dora xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment