The Process Works, Baby


As it turns out, I was extremely out of the loop for a few days. The good part of it was that I found twenty minutes to paint on this latest work each day. Imagine that? I know, I know, you're probably saying to yourself "this girl doesn't knock it off with the twenty minutes thing." 


Really, if I hadn't discovered I could paint and keep the process going in short amounts of time I'd be under the table by now, completely out of the scene. But here I am. Everyday I'm shuffling, chugging away, Process, baby!


Every day I dipped the brush in the paints and scribbled a little here, threw some paint over there. I am so thankful to the inner-artist in me who decided to take a lot of photos of these sunflowers when they came with my vegetable share. To tell the truth-this was the best part of the CSA share. The veggies? Eh.


When the baby slept I painted. When I came in from errands, I painted. While I cooked dinner, I painted. Before I ran out of the house in the morning, I painted. Twenty minutes, ten minutes, whatever little iota of time I could afford, I worked on my process. 

I might have to buy myself some sunflowers after these photos are all used for paintings. Either that or I may paint them all over again, but using oil paints, and painting really big. It's an idea.

Comments