Sunflowers from Underneath

Under the Sunflowers (c)2011Dora Sislian Themelis
12x16 Watercolor Lanaquarelle paper
Here's a different view of  the sunflowers, from the underside. I thought this was a different angle with different color scheme. Not the typical full face of flowers. I like to shake things up with composition once in a while. Not really into the ordinary or the typical.

Whether this works or not doesn't really matter. Remembering it's the process that counts, I painted this with those words in mind.

Process, baby.

Yes, in between I had my distractions. Who doesn't need a distraction now and then? I most certainly do. Otherwise I could head for the lounge chair in the garden and just gaze at the world. That would be nice, if I didn't feel guilty to do that.

Painting is work. Lounging is not, unless I call that thinking. So I paint.

Comments