Raspberry Agates are Delicious


Have you ever needed a gift for someone and couldn't get it together what to get, where to get it, how much to spend? It's not easy shopping for a co-worker's birthday. How personal should the gift be? It depends on how friendly you are with that person.

Along with painting I have been designing and making beaded jewelry pieces. Some of them have really come out beautifully. I've even worn some of my pieces and received plenty of compliments. That's always a nice feeling.

I have an Etsy shop with my jewelry for sale, along with some of my paintings, small handknit items like spa cloths and baby socks. The spa cloths and jewelry saw sales, the art not so much. Etsy doesn't really support the fine arts with appropriate categories. I've hunted for watercolor paintings and found wood lemon reamers among the reproduction art.

Nice site, not nice for art. Plenty of craft items though as well as very talented artists. It's too bad. I would add more paintings to the shop, but why bother if shoppers can't find them? I'll think about that one for a while.

Having sold the necklace from this set, I was asked to make another one to match the bracelet. I decided to throw in a pair of earrings for fun. These are freeform raspberry agates and they are delicious. What great color! Nice sparkle, too.

Well, they are off to a new home as the gift for someone's birthday. I hope they are as loved much as I enjoyed making these pieces.

Comments

  1. Well, here I go a second time. Love the stones. Pretty set. I agree about the exposure and sales. After all, Etsy is supposed to be a community of artists. Some people do sell, but I believe the problem is exposure. Some shops have it and some don't, and don't ask me why. It's like a full-time job just trying to ensure that people find you among the million plus items listed. Your paintings are beautiful!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Therese. Etsy is a tough go and takes forever to promote. Thanks so much for commenting! It's been a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dora- these agates are really beautiful, and you made awesome jewelry with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheryl, these stones are even more spectacular in person! Yummy color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented. :) I'll tweet your post, maybe some of my followers will be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. C..You are such a sweetie, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Dora,
    Please do not forget me, a poor artist, when you become a millioner.
    Kind regards, Sadami

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I should become a millionaire I'll be coming to Australia to visit you Sadami!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment