Progress in the Process

I have a busy Monday ahead of me today. And an even busier week to come, this being the lead up to Easter. I just can't believe a year has passed and here I am in the middle of another Holy Week. Didn't I just do this? Didn't I just blog about this? Time just flies by.

The big question is this: Will I have any time for myself and painting? I seriously doubt it, but I will try to squeeze some work in. This time last year I don't think I was using twenty minute increments of time to paint. I think I remember working on one piece for a while.

There's nothing wrong with that either. However, since I found how productive I can be using twenty minutes to paint I'm not sure how/if I can go back. Maybe if I find something interesting to paint I may have to work on one piece twenty minutes at a time. That could work.

But this week is rough for me. Fasting, baking, cooking, evenings in church take up alot of time. I'm pooped already. Can I skip any of it? I don't know if I can. I'm so used to going to church almost every night of this week. I'll see how I feel.

Shell Bits and Pebble

I painted these shells once again, but this time I added that pebble. Moving the set-up around to see the other side this time, made the still life look different once more. It's working for me so I'm not going to change it up and chance a bout with Mr. Resistance.


Then I happened to get a flash of motivation and quickly sketched the objects again before we headed out for dinner Saturday night. I moved the items around again, found a pleasing arrangement and  dropped in some color before we had to leave. Done.

I am definitely making progress with the process!

Comments