Ding Dong the Witch is Dead

I'm sorry to have to say it, but my computer went kaput the other day.  I turned it on and nothing happened beyond the first blink of lights.

I tried pressing the ON button again.  Again, lights flickered on the monitor and then nothing.  "No signal" was all I could see before the screen quickly went dark.  Now what?

Luckily my mom lives nearby and has a computer.  (She hates computers worse than me.) That's where I'm posting from for the time being.  Let me tell you how I just could not access the internet or printer from here and this computer is fairly new.  Why?  Who knows. 

Computers are worse than bad mannered children.  I have to iron out the bugs on her computer before she uses it and flips out.  What I know technology-wise, she knows even less.  "When you push the button and turn it on it better work right otherwise who needs it?" is her philosophy.  She's funny.

This is one adventure I'm just not prepared to begin.  My next stop today will be to the big electronics store to pick some brains.  My sons say to just give it up and get a MAC.  That means big dollar bills.  I'd prefer to just fix the old PC, but that could also lead to big dollar bills out the window.  No keeping the cash stash intact, I guess.  Why are these things so expensive anyway?  Don't these people know there's a depression around the corner?

I'm so not happy right now.  Blech..

Comments

  1. I feel your pain, Dora- but must admit, I love my mac! Good luck with your shopping!
    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Computers can be such a nightmare.
    I'm a switch it on and it should work person too :) Luckily my hubby does the mop up stuff, or you'd be missing me by now :lol:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment