How do You Spell "R-E-S-I-S-T-A-N-C-E" ?

Doodling at the allergists office today

"Resistance's goal is not to wound or disable.  Resistance aims to kill...Resistance means business.  When we fight it, we are in a war to the death."  ~Steven Pressfield, The War of Art

A reader left a great comment on this blog after yesterday's post and it had me thinking all day.  Go ahead to yesterday and read the comment.  I'll wait. 

In his book The War of Art, Steven Pressfield writes that resistance is insidious.  It keeps us from doing our work by telling us anything it can think of.  It, and I'm assuming that's the scratchy voice in the head, will lie, seduce, bully, cajole, deceive, reason like a lawyer, or hold a gun to your head like a robber.  Resistance will double-cross you as soon as you turn around.  And, he says, if you believe any of it you deserve everything you get because resistance is full of crap.  I had better buckle up.

So, my question to you dear readers is this:  "How do you fight resistance?  What form does it take, and what measures do you use to battle it and win?''  I'm very interested the things different people do to work through all the junk and push the resistance aside. 

Please feel free to leave your comments.  I could read all the books in the world and still have trouble with resistance.  Maybe what works for you could spark an idea for me.
I'm looking forward to it, bring it on.

Comments