It Starts Again Tomorrow


My Sunday was really quiet this week.  Even though I was all alone, my family was out of the house, I didn't get much done. 

I wanted to fool around with the new watercolor I started, but I didn't.  I thought I might look at my jewelry supplies and maybe put a few stones and beads together like I did a couple days ago, but I didn't.  I'm not going to beat myself up about it either.

Sometimes it's healthy to do absolutely nothing.  I know I need down time.  Time to let my brain take a break from thinking about things.  Even though I'm writing the Artist's Way Morning Pages every day to get the excess brain junk out, I still need that extra do-nothing time.  I don't know why. 

I'm not saying I sat in a chair and looked at the wall all day long.  Lately I've been reading a really good book and I just had to get to the end.  When I picked it up yesterday I just had to keep reading.  While I was reading I had a banana bread baking in the oven that I assembled before I picked up the book.  The warmth of my kitchen along with the great smell of a tasty quick bread in the oven made a cozy feeling in my house.  While I waited I read my book and had some coffee.  The house was quiet with the others out for the day doing their own thing.  It was a great day and it felt good not to "work". 

Tomorrow is another day.





Comments