Whining About Time

"Decide to make the most of the time you have and to stop whining about the time you don't have."  Alyson B. Stanfield, Art Biz Blog

Canoes, 8x10, watercolor (c)2000 DSThemelis

I received an email update from a wonderful site I found a little while back.  Ms. Stanfield is the author of I'd Rather Be in the Studio,(http://www.idratherbeinthestudio.com/), book/blog that helps artists in marketing their art, social networking, and such.  It's very informative and inspiring. 

For the new year Stanfield sent out an article and podcast titled, Decide What Your Year Will Look Like.  All the to-do's in this article are noteworthy, but this particular one jumped out at me.  I'm always complaining about how much time I don't have to do what I really want to do, but is it true?  Do I really have the time, but allow other things to just drop in my way?  In The Artist's Way course I became aware of doing such a thing by working my way through the twelve weeks.  (I've suspended finishing Week 12 for the holidays.  Convenient? Hmmm...)

Seeing these directives in print makes an impression.  I've printed the list and plan to post it in a place that I can read it every day.  It's good inspiration for a new start to the year.

Comments

Post a Comment