It's Not Over Yet


I never get the chance to just relax and enjoy the festive season until it's over and this year was no exception.  By the time I'm able to be in the moment, that anticipation has passed and so is the moment! 

We put our tree in the house just before Christmas Eve and it doesn't come down until the Epiphany on January 6.  I'm always surprised when I see a discarded Christmas tree out in the street on December 26 with bits of tinsel clinging to the branches.  Who takes down the tree on Christmas night for the garbage early the next day?  I like having the tree and decorations around to usher in the new year and to celebrate Christ's baptism on the Epiphany.

There's no way I'm getting any where near the art studio this week either.  I don't even have the energy to knit at night on any of my many socks-in-progress.  There's gatherings to attend.  New Year's Eve and my daughter-in-law's birthday are the same day.  New Year's Day we visit my mom.  The weekend will be a short respite until January 6 and another round of parties. There's more celebrating to do and people are already pooped!

For a great blogpost on Christmas, New Year's, and Epiphany customs in Greece see:  http://livingingreece.gr/2007/12/31/new-years-greece/

Comments