Art in Lockdown: An Odyssey

Yes, it's been quite a while. A lot going on still. Art happens, anyway, believe it or not.

And before I begin, does anyone read blogs anymore anyway? I know I don't. My attention span is down to nothing these days as I scroll through all the platforms available. I used to love writing, reading, and the rest of it. 

So yeah, the years of lockdown took its toll and we're three years out!

The amount of work I produced was enough to hold my second one person art show. For the month of December my artwork will be available to view and purchase at the Barnes Gallery, Garden City, NY.

Since the lockdown took my imagination around the world, so to speak, I decided to call it my Odyssey. Greek islands, seascapes, landscapes, still-lives, figures, all feature in my "travel".

(c)Dora Sislian Themelis

Color-drenched paintings are featured using gouache, oil paint, and watercolor paints. Whatever scenes and items caught my eye ended up on canvas or paper. 

An opening reception is scheduled for this weekend. I hope it's fun and not a super spreader!

That would not be fun at all. The world is crazy.


Comments

  1. Yes. The world is crazy...still. Sad you dont read blogs any more. Your paintings are wonderful, especially your colorful header. I think there was more reality in blogs. On IG you see quickly, very quickly, only what people want you to see, much of it fake. Especially the reels. I miss blogs. I still blog, but only once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly blogs aren't very popular these days when people scan quickly. Thank you for taking the time to comment, and compliment my work. I haven't checked in here, nor have I posted. Life if still upside down. But I'm encouraged by your comment, maybe something will happen soon..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment