September 30 Day Art Challenge

For the month of September, I decided to join in on a 30 day painting/drawing challenge hosted by Strada Easels. 

Day 1



I don’t know if I can even be available to upload a new work every day. Besides, the work has to be from direct observation, no photos. I can live with no photos art work, but the subject matter has to also be something I’m interested to look at and work from. 

That’s no easy task. Well, I jumped in and signed up, the rest is on me.

Day 1 began with my morning coffee cup on my kitchen table, I decided to draw, not having quite enough time to get out any paints. Nupastels were readily available as was the sketchbook and I just got to it.

It felt good to work, even if it was just a quick sketch. I kind of enjoyed free drawing which I haven’t done in quite a while. So we will see how this goes. As of this post, I’ve already done 13 days of artwork.

Here’s to a month of new art! 

I’ll keep you updated.

Comments