New Work

New Greek island harbor watercolor painting

All the trouble started when I decided to switch blogging platforms from Blogger to Wordpress. Over on Blogger I began my online journey, gained some readers, learned a lot about online art making sites, joined in on some very interesting challenges, made "friends" so to speak with other like minded individuals.

Then Wordpress came along, with all its hype and flash, and I moved it all over from Blogger. Not realizing that when I did that I then had essentially two platforms to blog on. Gone were the fun "friends", the challenges, the readers, the excitement of writing a blog.

On Wordpress I write my post, link it up to Blogger, where if anyone is still reading my musings, they get whooshed here with a click of the link. However, I don't think anyone is doing all that. There's no time left in anyone's day to be going back and forth, looking for little old me. No comments show up anywhere anymore.

Ho hum..

But all along I've been working away on all kinds of things, and no one knows about any of it. Today I decided to once more pop on here and throw some things around, make the place look "lived in."
You know, messy up the living room table so it looks like people actually are present, not like a showroom with only pretty things. A book here, a pen there, nothing too sloppy, just like a good, comfy pair of worn in jeans. That kind of messy.

Messy with a purpose, if you like.

Pictured above is a montage of steps in the latest watercolor painting I just finished yesterday. See? I am at my desk working!
It's a Greek harbor scene, surprise! I liked the sunny aspect of it, the misty mountain behind the sun splashed pavement, the houses and shops in the morning shadow. Lots of details that I'm not sure I wanted to depict, but sometimes I can't stop working.

Maybe I'll repost all of this over on Blogger. Maybe I won't. Not sure how I'm going to proceed. It's a process, and Mr. Resistance will surely let me know just exactly in which direction he'd like me to move.

Or not.

Comments